BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
Nincowpoop

Model: 7130e
Default iCal Data Won't Transfer

Please Login to Remove!

Problem #2

I’ve setup PocketMac’s Calendar function to sync with iCal, but nothing (Events or To Dos) transfers to my 7130e. The very first sync with the phone I was faced with a pop-up window asking something to the effect if I wanted iSync to combine all databases from iCal, Entourage and Palm Desktop, to which I answered No. Though Entourage is loaded on my Mac I’ve never used it and my Palm database is far out of date. Did I maybe not read carefully enough and handicap the entire process?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
OnRamp

Model: 8100
Carrier: CIngular / AT&T

I was just about to post up a similar question. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the different calendar labels (personal, business, etc.) I have set up in iCal. This isn't a deal breaker for me, as I will be back to the hell that is life with a PC in a couple of weeks (new job, new PC, Mac stays home), but it would be nice to transfer my calendar.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
cblackberrynyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t your world. Delivered.

Lets face facts Mac users, IAA PocketMac for Blackberry is NOT a good enough solution for Mac users.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:27 PM   #4
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Though it costs more, I use a hosted BES account coupled with GroupCal and AddressX from www.snerdware.com. Now I sync iCal, Address Book and Mail, all wirelessly through my Exchange account (hosted BES with www.link2exchange.com, $20 per month). It's the best solution available thus far. FYI...
Old 04-22-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
cblackberrynyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t your world. Delivered.

$50 a month for BB service and then a extra $20 a month to be able to sync with ease? YIKES!

RIM needs to decide if they want to support mac and linux users they need to do it in house, the other platforms require a quality and elegant blackberry desktop app too this bandaid pocketmac for blackberry is less than acceptable for a business device the quality and elegance of the Blackberry
Old 04-22-2006, 09:29 PM   #6
aphr0deity
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mo

On the pocketmac support site, they have a file you can download which will make your syncs as if it were the first sync. You MUST click "allow" for everything in order for iCal to sync. They need to update their user manual. Anyways, after I went through that process everything went smoothly.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:32 PM   #7
OnRamp

Model: 8100
Carrier: CIngular / AT&T

Aside from the iCal issue, which my be resolvable, Pocketmac is working just fine for my needs. Spending another $20 a month would be a waste of money for me. I get my e-mail, and I have my contacts, so I'm two thirds of the way there. Anyone have a constructive reply that doesn't involve hosted BES?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:39 PM   #8
Nincowpoop

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphr0deity
On the pocketmac support site, they have a file you can download which will make your syncs as if it were the first sync. You MUST click "allow" for everything in order for iCal to sync. They need to update their user manual. Anyways, after I went through that process everything went smoothly.
SUCCESS!

Your post reminded me PM has a two machine license, so I fired up my G4 Powabook, loaded PM and THIS time allowed all such requests to combine databases. I then ran a full synchronization and everything transferred to the 7130e!. The only drawback, my book isn't my primary machine, all the lastest data is on my tower, so it looks like I'll hafta' make use of that file to reset PM on the tower. Do you have a link by chance? Thx.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:46 PM   #9
Kripto

Model: 8700

I think what we all need to be doing is getting Apple to add Blackberry to their sync tool.. that would solve ALL of our problems.. And teach the PocketMac folks that crappy software isn't at alll good enough for Mac users.

iSync by itself is elegant, it works and they support a lot of devices.

FWIW, I see that pocketmac is supposed to work with iSync, but I don't see it in the iSync window and I can't add the blackberry.. Im guessing this is yet another "Feature" that they do that isn't documented anywhere..
Old 04-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
aphr0deity
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mo

Here goes!
http://www.pocketmacsupport.com/inde...kbarticleid=49
Old 04-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #11
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripto
I think what we all need to be doing is getting Apple to add Blackberry to their sync tool.. that would solve ALL of our problems.. And teach the PocketMac folks that crappy software isn't at alll good enough for Mac users.

iSync by itself is elegant, it works and they support a lot of devices.

FWIW, I see that pocketmac is supposed to work with iSync, but I don't see it in the iSync window and I can't add the blackberry.. Im guessing this is yet another "Feature" that they do that isn't documented anywhere..
Isync hasn't been upgraded for a while. It used to work with the bb but if you have more recent versions of the OSX software eg 10.4.x or so - it wont find your bb.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:05 AM   #12
Kripto

Model: 8700

iSync sees the blackberry, it just can't sync to it. My issue was that IAA shows their blackberry sync conduit running with iSync. Yet it doesn't work.

This is false advertising at worst, and poor marketing at best.

I stand by my first statement, PocketMac is a crappy tool and IAA is a poor excuse for a company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus
Isync hasn't been upgraded for a while. It used to work with the bb but if you have more recent versions of the OSX software eg 10.4.x or so - it wont find your bb.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #13
randigale

Model: 7290
Default where is the file?

where is this file? i'm having the same iCal issue!!!

Closed Thread