BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
hagen21

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Verizon
Default Can't sychronize PIM

Please Login to Remove!

There are posts with similar problems to this although they are not exact, and I think I've tried everything suggested in those threads:

Have a BB 7250, using desktop software 4.0, outlook 2000. I loaded it up and set up e-mail redirector and synced the BB with address book etc fine. The next day it would no longer work.

When I hook the USB cable to the BB the opening screen of the Desktop manager says working and will not stop, so I cannot open the Intellisync.

If I disconnect the BB and go into Intellisync the "Configure PIM" box is not lit up, so I can't even go in there.

I removed the software and reinstalled it. I generated new security keys on both the software and the handheld which I am not even sure has anything to do with it. None of it has worked.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM   #2
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

I had the exact same issue not to long ago with my 7290 I think it was do to a power failure and my machine shutting off while in the middle of a sync, seems the OS may have been corrupted?

Same symptoms after upon trying to use the desktop maanger. I had to get a copy of the Java Loader if I recall, wipe the device clean and re-install the OS from scratch. All was well from that point on.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:05 AM   #3
hagen21

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Verizon

I wound up contacting Verizon because nothing else worked. They told me to do a soft reset (taking the battery out while its on and putting it back in). That worked.
Closed Thread