Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
yustonuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default "unable to connect to mobile data service"

Please Login to Remove!

all - for the past few days, I am not able to access any sites using the BB Browser. I am on BES, but my admin says there are no issues and to call Cingular. All I get is an error saying "Unable to connect to selected Mobile Data Service, please try agan later"

What does this mean?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Have the BES admin double check that the MDS Services are enabled for your specific account on the BES. Then reconnect your BB via the USB cable (Desktop Manager does not need to be running).
Old 06-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
yustonuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

thanks NJ - but it has been working fine for 5 months - no change. Then on Saturday I got the message. The BES Admin says it is a Cingular issue. Is that possible? The BES admin has zero clue, says we don't have any support for web - but the BB browser has worked flawlessy since day one - I have all the service books
Old 06-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
emporer_troy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800

I also have Cingular and have been unable to get any data connection
Old 06-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporer_troy
I also have Cingular and have been unable to get any data connection
What does that mean?
Old 06-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #6
yustonuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Cingular says this...

that something needs to be done on my BES server at work. This is crap as nothign changed (per my BES Admin) at all and they say they don;t handle anything for web at all, just email. Everything worked fine since I did enterprise activation months ago - then it just stopped. It has been over a week and I have zero access to the web. So it looks like if no one can give me a solution, I will have an email only, EDGE capable 8700. I have to say, this has been one buggy phone - and the fact that Cingular is the onyl carrier on this old OS makes me freakin nutz.

Cingular told me to have my BES admin change my pasword?

"The account created to start the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services, or the account used to authenticate to the SQL server, has a password containing illegal characters. The following are examples of illegal characters: < > & ' ".

Illegal characters in the password will cause the Mobile Data Service to fail because the statistical web server can only register alphanumeric characters in account passwords."

Makse any sense?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:26 PM   #7
markthr

Model: 7290

I'm in a similar situation. I just had my Blackberry 7290 replaced with another 7290 (refurbed). I can get on the web no problem but when I try to download bblight from any of the mentioned links on this site, I get the "unable to connect to mobile data service" error as well. I have Tmobile and am using a BES server although the admin's say they don't support anything but the OS with e-mail. Any ideas? It's driving me batty being without BBLight after having it. I also can't get Google Maps to download either and am getting the same error. Any help would be great appreciated!
Closed Thread