BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
bearsilber

Model: 8700g
Default Time Zone and Calender problem

Please Login to Remove!

Question, I had my BlackBerry set to Eastern time and when I came over to the west coast I set it to Pacific time in the setting but now ENTIRE calender is 3 hours behind. How do I fix this?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
h-town8
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsilber
Question, I had my BlackBerry set to Eastern time and when I came over to the west coast I set it to Pacific time in the setting but now ENTIRE calender is 3 hours behind. How do I fix this?
I'm a newbie so probably not the best person to chime in, but wouldn't the correct time be set automatically from the cell tower? (i.e. no need to adjust time settings?)
Old 06-15-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
bearsilber

You would think but it didn't. I had to change it manually.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
h-town8
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
You would think but it didn't. I had to change it manually.
Very odd.

Hopefully one of the experts up here can shed some light.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
When you created your calendar entries, did you create the entries with Eastern time or Pacific time? Say your BlackBerry was set to Eastern time and you scheduled an appointment for 4:00 PM EST when you will be in a Pacific time location. If you entered the entry on the BlackBerry at 4:00PM and they changed the time zone to Pacific time if will show as being scheduled 1:00 PM, off by 3 hours.

Does that make sense? I know what I am trying to say, just not sure it I got it across properly.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-15-2006, 02:10 PM   #6
txschafers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Basically what I do since I am in a central time zone, I make all my appointments in Central time. However, if I have an appointment in a time zone other then central, I bok it based on the local time of the meeting. For instance, if I am in Texas and have a meeting in San Diego at 2pm, I would make the appointment for 4pm in my 8700. That way when the people in Sandiego receive the appointment it will be in their local time. Also when I arrive in San Diego and change the time to Pacific time the calendar event will sync up to Pacific time at 2pm automatically.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telenor

Our BBs require us to set the time manually when we travel across timezones. I haven't mastered this yet, either!
Old 06-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #8
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

You do have to change it manually but now it works kinda well with 4.1 OS. Previously it did not. I make my appts in the time zone that the meeting occurs in and change the BB time zone when I travel. All my BB appts are at the correct time, then I change it back.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #9
ecappler

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

I am in the Central time zone. When I enter an appt in Outlook for 2:00 PM and synch with the BB the time on the BB is for 3:00 PM. When I enter an appt on the BB for 2:00 PM and synch with Outlook, the time in Outlook is 1:00 PM. The time on Outlook and the BB are both set for central time zone. I'm going nuts trying to figure out what's going on. This began happening after I returned from a trip to the west coast and made some appts on the BB while I was out there that would be occurring in Arkansas when I returned. Anyone got any ideas??
Old 06-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #10
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecappler
I am in the Central time zone. When I enter an appt in Outlook for 2:00 PM and synch with the BB the time on the BB is for 3:00 PM. When I enter an appt on the BB for 2:00 PM and synch with Outlook, the time in Outlook is 1:00 PM. The time on Outlook and the BB are both set for central time zone. I'm going nuts trying to figure out what's going on. This began happening after I returned from a trip to the west coast and made some appts on the BB while I was out there that would be occurring in Arkansas when I returned. Anyone got any ideas??
---

Check in the Outlook Calendar Options/ Time Zones setting you have the DST box Checked. This might be your problem.

Hope this helps
Rcbjr
Old 06-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #11
bearsilber

This is such crap, you'd think they'd have it figured out.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:14 PM   #12
stripesace
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300

Check your computer time, ensure that DST is set on that clock, then make sure its set in outlook, correct time zone with DST, and on the BB. I havnt figured out the whole blackberry over timezones thing either. Its frustrating.