BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
Shadowmage

Model: 7520
Default Fowarding Emails From Groupwise

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

I have recently begun to use a 7520 and have set up the email fowarding to use my company's groupwise email address. I am not receiving anything from it, but when I set up my home email, it works fine. Has anyone had issues with Groupwise not fowarding to their Blackberry, and if so, what was done to fix it. Please let me know.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
cbandler
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmage
Hi

I have recently begun to use a 7520 and have set up the email fowarding to use my company's groupwise email address. I am not receiving anything from it, but when I set up my home email, it works fine. Has anyone had issues with Groupwise not fowarding to their Blackberry, and if so, what was done to fix it. Please let me know.

Thanks
I don't know if this is still the same, but unless your email admin has set your GW email server to allow POP3 and you have the settings to use BIS you won't be able to get them unless you do a rudimentary forwarding from your GW client to your BB email or another POP3 email account. If you want BES, your company will need Consilient as a 'go between' to enable BES to work with GW.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
mister.zero
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

If you're referring to forwarding by setting up a rule in Groupwise to forward to your blackberry email address, I have this same setup and it works fine without POP access enabled. If you instead mean polling your GW account through the BIS, then the above poster is right-on; no polling without POP access enabled.

An irritating "feature" of Groupwise it that email forwarded to my BB has my GW address as the "from" address, making replying to the original sender a major headache. Also, attachments are stripped out of the email. By changing the rule to "delegate" instead of "forward" I can receive attachments, but the email _still_ appears to come from my GW address and the original sender's address is sometimes removed, making it difficult to determine who sent what. This "mail from my address" issue can be corrected by adding a switch to the GWIA, but my mail system admin doesn't like me enough to do it
Old 06-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #4
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

from what i've heard if you set up a forwading rule on the GroupWise server then there isn't a copy left for you email client to get

so if you want a forwarding rule it'll have to be through your email clinet - and therefore it will look as if it was sent from you to yourself - sicne it technically is (you received the email and then sent it to your BIS address)

i'd recommend getting your IT to enable IMAP access (or POP) and add your account rather then forward - yes it's up to a 15 min delay buit at least it arrives w/ the right senders address

hope this helps
Closed Thread