BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
cliffro

Model: 8700
Default 8700 error message "blackberry unable to to look up the user info in database"

Please Login to Remove!

Just got a replacement 8700 and the email functionality is not working as I get a red cross on trying to send and an error message titled "blackberry unable to look up the user info in database" - any ideas of how to fix this ?

Thanks !

Last edited by cliffro; 07-01-2006 at 11:55 AM..
Old 07-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
jdjleo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t

Need a bit more info, brother!

What carrier are you on? Your BB model? BIS or BES? Give us a little background info on your situation please! =)
The New at&t
Old 07-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
cliffro

Default What carrier are you on? Your BB model? BIS or BES? Give us a little background info

What carrier are you on? Your BB model? BIS or BES? Give us a little background info on your situation please! =)

Ta for response jdjleo:
Carrier is Optus in Australia
Model is 8700g
BIS - where do I find this ?
BES - where do I find this ?
Platform version v4.1.0.25B

Basically I got a replacement BB as my first one went bad on me. I did a full backup on the old one and restored it all to this new one. The email worked perfectly on the old one. So now when I try and send an email I get a red cross next to the email. Emails says the following:
Sent: using web client ap
Folder: outbox
Message status: unable to look up the user info in database

Aslo incoming emails are not arriving in the inbox so I have a fully non working email application.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
cliffro

Default Solved It !

Hi - did another hour or so of fiddling on the device and then decided to log into the website and lo and behold there is an option which says: change handheld - had to reenter my pin and imei and it now works 100%.

Pretty pathetic though that they don't tell you to do this when they give you a new handset replacement on a faulty one ! How in the world is your average user meant to know this.

Cheers
Old 07-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
jdjleo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Ok did u get your BB thru work or did you sign up on your own individual plan?

Ok u need to go into your account on the internet where you registered your IMEI and PIN and update your settings to the current device. This is the same place where u set up your email accounts for push to your BB, hopefully ya know what I'm talking about.

So go there and log your new IMEI and PIN and then resend your email&internet service books!

Should be good to go, brother!

Namaste!
The New at&t
Old 07-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #6
cliffro

Default Still one issue remains

Hi - thanks mate

Still one small issue remains. I still get the same error message if I try and send an email to my own email address. Very weird in that I am receiving emails and can reply to other people but get the error message of "unable to look up the user info in database" if I send and email on the BB to my own email address. Wouldnt worry me except that I do sometimes cc myself on emails so that they go into my inbox at work.

Cheers
Old 07-11-2006, 07:12 AM   #7
tom2112
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: Verizon

I have an Alltel 7250 replacement. I had to call their tech support to get my email's PIN changed to the new device's PIN. I'm waiting for my first email to come through now.

Strange that they didn't take care of this when I bought the replacement phone. You'd expect a bit better service when you're paying $529 for a replacement.
Closed Thread