BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
miguel11691
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default what OS is better telstra or bhati/tmo?

Please Login to Remove!

I hear people leaving the telstra OS and going to the bhart/tmo OS. Can anyone shed some light to me this? I got my blackberry last week from tmobile but switched to telstra OS cuz I heard it was good for louder ringtones and voice calls. What advantages does bhart/tmo have over telstra. Sorry if this a newbie question I just want the best for my blackberry 8700G
Old 07-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #2
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

some people found it to be more stable. there were some changes made to the Telstra OS that removed some features that people liked (some shortcut keys, removal of labels in Zen, etc). the Telstra OS allows you to install and use the Today themes. aside from that, there's not much difference. and there's no difference between the current releases of TMO and Bharti aside from platform/radio code (e.g. - if you are on TMO, use it; if not, then it doesn't really matter, unless you roam on TMO's network quite a bit).
Old 07-05-2006, 12:15 AM   #3
cooperpwc
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

I agree with Jibi. Telstra is also nice for giving direct hotkey access to applications in the Applications subfolders (Vodafone, Cingular, Orange). You can run the Today themes which are still quite buggy but kind of neat. Zen however has been seriously compromised.
Personally I'm back to Bharti (actually Rogers .284 - same difference) for now but with the Tesltra Vodafone theme replacing the OS .284 Vodafone theme (I just replaced it in the Java folder before loading). When they add some customisation to the Today themes and debug them, I'll go back up. And if they return Zen to its former glory it will be no-brainer.
I did find the Tesltra ringtones to be louder and otherwise, unlike some people, had no obvious problems with it.

Last edited by cooperpwc; 07-05-2006 at 12:17 AM..
Old 08-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
eykhong
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21C27C4C
Carrier: Rogers

cooper, can you confirm that rogers .284 is the same as bharti? also, i agree the ringer volume is "fixed" on .284, but i find it far too loud. there seems to be no difference between low and high. any thoughts?
Closed Thread