BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
g8rbabe

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default What is this icon?

Please Login to Remove!

There is an icon/status indicator at the bottom of my home screen that I can't figure out...it is the number 1 and directly to the right of it is a small square with an arrow pointing down. It is always there. I'm currently using zen theme. Tks for your help
Old 07-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Sounds like a browser push indication. Go to Message App and select View Folders. Open the Browser Messages Folder and see if there is an unread message there.

hope this helps
Rcbjr
Old 07-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #3
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

I also get this when I have Pin Messages. but it looks like a 1 with a yellow sqaure talk bubble with the small pointer on the bottom left coner.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:02 AM   #4
g8rbabe

Thanks for the input...I checked, and the browser push messages folder was empty. I've never sent/received a PIN message. So still don't what that stupid icon is!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:21 AM   #5
g8rbabe

Never mind! I figured it out. It was something relating to Pocketday.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #6
PGChi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

Ok. I have the same problem. I am using the BB-Insight theme and on the top of the desktop almost in center even above the date and in between the battery and signal indicator circles I see a blue colored post-it note kind of square icon with top right folded corner and to the left of the icon I have a digit 2 written. I believe I had signed up for Blackberry push service for weather and maybe something else but how do I get rid of it now? As per the previous post reply, I did go to the Messages=>View Folder=>Browser Messages and I do not see anything there. So what is this icon?

Another problem which may be related to this s that my BB will occasionally give a vibrate signal and red indicator on top. If I go into messages there is no new message, no new google talk message/conversation, I am not signed in to any other instant messaging app. and there is no Blackberry Chat conversation message either. So what is this buzz that I just got? I don't use tasks at all. I do use calendar events a lot but nothing was in the calendar either. The signal is definitely not a new message signal because if I press * under messages there is no new one and if I forcibly open a read message again ther LED signal on the top of BB does not turn green from red.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #7
PGChi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

OK, a small update. One of the numbers corresponding to the icon next to it was for the WAP Push services even though it did not show up in the messages=>View Folder=>Browser Messages. I had this weather application installed and I went into it and deleted the subscription for Push services for my local weather and brought down the number from 2 to 1 but I still have 1 indicator. I am still trying to figure out the rest.
Closed Thread