Old 07-19-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
DavidUK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Default Wireless e-mail reconcilliation

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

Our company has just upgraded our BES from 2.x to 4.1.

We use Lotus Domino/Notes.

The chap who installed it said that everything is now wireless, so we didn't need to use the desktop manager software anymore.

...problem is, even though its set to 'on' on my 7290 wireless e-mail reconcilliation isn't working. If I recieve for example five emails on my handheld, read them/open them... when I check on my desktop PC they still show as unread in there.

Can anyone offer any ideas?

Many thanks,

David, UK
Old 07-19-2006, 06:10 AM   #2
kelvin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: VZW

David, you may want to check your settings to make sure you have the settings in your BB correct. Also, may users report a lag time of several minute between the time the BES and Mail server sync up (reconsile). You can force it by selecting reconsile now from the menu that pops up when you click the track wheel in the message folder.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #3
DavidUK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin
David, you may want to check your settings to make sure you have the settings in your BB correct. Also, may users report a lag time of several minute between the time the BES and Mail server sync up (reconsile). You can force it by selecting reconsile now from the menu that pops up when you click the track wheel in the message folder.
...I've gone into reconcilliation settings on the BB, and wireless reconcilliation is turned on. I was poking around an FAQ and found a firmware update to 4.1 for my 7290 on the T-Mobile site, I'm going to load that up and see if it makes a difference. Incidentally I tried the 'reconcile now' option and it made no difference!

Thanks kelvin
Old 07-19-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
DavidUK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Nope that made no difference! The BES is showing wireless reconcilliation as ON, and it still isnt reconcilling! ahh!

Works if you dock it in the cradle with desktop manager though.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
maself71

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

You can also check your settings on the server and make sure your handheld had the latest software.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
DavidUK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by maself71
You can also check your settings on the server and make sure your handheld had the latest software.
I have checked those...but just found something interesting.

If I manually select "reconcile now" on the BB, there is an immediate error on the BES's Domino Server console ;

(ProcessStatusUpdates) NSFDbGetUnreadNoteTable failed for <user> (You are not authorised to perform that operation 0x0246)

..it's all greek to me lol
Old 07-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #7
PacketRat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AC9B18
Carrier: T-Mobile
Smile

Problem
You receive the following message in your Mail Agent (MAGT) log, or in the Microsoft® Windows® Event log:

[10415] (09/21 00:33:26):{0x1148} {ProcessStatusUpdates} NSFDbGetUnreadNoteTable failed for <User>/<domain> (You are not authorized to perform that operation 0x0246)

The affected user may report that the message status (either Read or Unread) is not synchronizing between the BlackBerry device and the mail file.

Cause
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 supports wireless synchronization of a Read or Unread statusfor IBM Lotus Domino Release 6 (R6). For R6, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server must have Manager rights to the user’s mail file to read the Unread Marks table.

Resolution
Assign Manager rights to the user’s mail file on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:15 PM   #8
ensignfodder

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Reasons users should not be managers on their own DB's

Had the same problem for a while but never sepnt much time to resolve. Thanks for the information it will clear up a non-problem problem.
Closed Thread