BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:36 AM   #1
gotstabnoel

Model: 8700
Default Just got my BB8700G today!

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, just wanted to intro myself to the 8700 community, it's my first BB and yeah, pretty psyched. Been playing with the phone for a couple of hours now, got the zen theme unlocked and started to customize / download several apps to my device. However, i have yet to set up my blackberry-email through t mo. I've tried and tried, after waiting 20 min for my data service to activate to try to launch my internet e-mail. Unfortunately no luck and everytime i enter my pin and the imei it says that the services are unavailable. A t-mo rep had informed me that it usually can take up to 24-48 hrs for the the data service to active. However, i'm already surfing the web using the internet browser. I tried to set up the TCP (im runnin OS 4.1xx) and i can't seem to log or use program such as the Opra Mini, Verichat, IM+. I really don't want to get charged for text messages so im staying away fromt he OZ AIM client. Can anyone help me out with this probleM? I've been trying to figure out why i can't log onto Verichat or use Opra Mini all day. Another problem that i've encountered is the loggin into MYSPACE. I've searched the forums where somoene mentioned using opra mini, but it won't load at all (an error with string or something when i try to use the mini). I've used the FAQ page to try to set up my t mo setting, which should just be wap.voicestream.com or whatever but still no luck on the verichat or IM+. Can anyone help me out!? Here's my pin just in case anyone wants to message me for faster response 204044EF
Old 08-10-2006, 06:12 AM   #2
nremondelli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7800g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Under options go to ADVANCED OPTIONS-->TCP--> and where it says APN: type wap.voicestream.com

You should be good to go after that.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:08 AM   #3
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Are you on a BES because it sounds like your trying to do an enterprise activation.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #4
gotstabnoel

Model: 8700

no, im not on BES, not tyring to do a enterprise activation. From what I understand, I am able to get a blackberry e-mail address (myname@tmo.blackberry.net) I have tried to register for it using my pin and IMEI and it still doesn't work. I activated my data service mid afternoon yesterday and from what i was informed from the T mo rep, the service may take up to 24-48 hours. However, I am able to surf the web and use the phone (im assuming i already have data). I'm just wondering why i can't activate my e mail service so i can fwd my gmail / yahoo mail to my blackberry.

I tried doing the wap.voicestream.com already on the tcp and no luck on using the opra mini nor the verichat or IM+
Closed Thread