Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:10 AM   #1
donricouga
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default ChoiceGroup SelectedFlags ???

Please Login to Remove!

I have an application which consists of a few different screens of javax.microedition.lcdui.Form.
One screen has a several ChoiceGroup Objects(Drop down type or Popup is what its called). When the user goes to the next screen, I simply save the whole Form Object of that screen by adding it to a global Vector because i need access to the other fields as well.
The problem with this is that the ChoiceGroup Objects appear to lose their selection states. I.E doing choiceGroup.getSelectedFlags() returns an array with all false in it even though when originally created, it had at least one true value.
Any idea why this is happening and how to correct it ?
Thanks

Last edited by donricouga; 08-17-2006 at 10:22 AM..
Old 08-18-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
fbrimm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Have you thought about storing the values from the screen in local variables before you move on to the next screen? I've written an app that uses a large number of screens during the use of the application, and as the user completes one screen I save the values I need and then on to the next screen.

fbrimm
Old 08-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #3
donricouga
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

The thing is this application is dynamic forms. I.e. i get XML from a database via WS Call and generate a form. The form could look like anything, so i have to make it as generic as possible.
Closed Thread