BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
daves
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T, former Vzw
Default 7130e automatically opening new msgs?

Please Login to Remove!

7130e w/ BB leather pouch (holster) ... when phone is unlocked but holstered, and I pull it to see a new msg that came in (email), sometimes the message will be opened on my screen...

has anyone figured out whether this is due to a s/w setting on the BB, a key press as a remove it from the holster, or the loch-ness like rumored holster magnet marking a message as read.

any thoughts on this?

I suppose I can always lock it when I put it away, but if I can buy 30 mins of unlocked holster time, I'd like to.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
mister.zero
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

My BB has always done this. I've never really thought about it as being a bad thing. If you'll just wait a few seconds after the notification to unholster the BB, it won't auto-open the message.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
baconismidog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

pull the blackberry out of the holster after 10 seconds. The magnet will signal tothe inbox for 10 seconds after an email arrives
Old 08-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

It's working the way is was designed to.
When you remove the BB from the holster immediately after you receive a message, the message opens. No setting; no timing change. That's the way it works.

If you don't want to have the message opened, you have to wait 15-20 seconds (or thereabouts) after the message alert comes in BEFORE removing the BB from the holster.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:41 PM   #5
daves
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T, former Vzw

ah...I have been enlightened..thank you ..

seriously, that's actually pretty good...if you're un(de?) holstering it right after the msg, bring it up b/c that's why you pulled it from the holster..if not, wait then all systems normal..

well at least I understand it now..thank you! greatly appreciate the info (maybe it was in a guide somewhere that I missed? I suppose it's learn it one feature (or shortcut) at a time)

(oh yeah, almost forgot...J-E-T-S, JETS!, JETS, JETS!! .. it's about that time, isn't it?! I'll be at next thursday's game, can't make it this fri).
Closed Thread