Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
mrubin1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile
Default Stereo Headset

Please Login to Remove!

Did anyone else's phone come only with a one-earbud headset? What is the point of a one earbud headset on a phone that plays stereo mp3s?

anyway, i tried using the old wired headset from my tmobile sda (and, btw, WHAT an upgrade over that piece of junk- is there ANYONE who has had windows mobile and not fallin in love with blackberry in 15 minutes?), and it will only play sound out of one ear, even though its a 2.5mm plug.

but my main question is thisL

- where can i get a stereo headphones that will play in stereo on the pearl so i can listen to mp3s?

please help this noob!

thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Yes, there are stero headsets available (on Sept 19, 2006) for the 8100. Check out the BlackBerry Store for more accessories.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
sroetter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrubin1
Did anyone else's phone come only with a one-earbud headset? What is the point of a one earbud headset on a phone that plays stereo mp3s?

anyway, i tried using the old wired headset from my tmobile sda (and, btw, WHAT an upgrade over that piece of junk- is there ANYONE who has had windows mobile and not fallin in love with blackberry in 15 minutes?), and it will only play sound out of one ear, even though its a 2.5mm plug.

but my main question is thisL

- where can i get a stereo headphones that will play in stereo on the pearl so i can listen to mp3s?

please help this noob!

thanks

I bought the Ear Glove brand at Best Buy. Works great and has a mic so I can talk on the phone while listening to music.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #4
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

go to a phone store that sells Motorola ROKR accessories and ask for a pair of ROKR stereo headphones.

The old headset you have from the SDA, does it do voice also? my experiences have shown that if the stereo headset does not have the 4th pole (for voice) then you only get mono based on where all the connectors fall. You want a jack that has 4 sections (3 rings to seperate) on it.

Zro
Old 09-14-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
NotReallyB

Model: 7100T
Carrier: t-mobile
Default What about VAD function?

sroetter, does the earglove headset have a button to allow for voice activated dialing (VAD)? I didn't see that in the specifications.

I noticed Jabra c220s stereo headset for the Motorola ROKR has this ability and assume the bb headset will have this feature, but it is not listed on the shopblackberry site.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
sroetter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotReallyB
sroetter, does the earglove headset have a button to allow for voice activated dialing (VAD)? I didn't see that in the specifications.

I noticed Jabra c220s stereo headset for the Motorola ROKR has this ability and assume the bb headset will have this feature, but it is not listed on the shopblackberry site.
That headset has a mic and a button for answering and intiating calls, but I have not determined whether it is voice dial compatible.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #7
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotReallyB

These are the ones that I have. button does work for VAD.

Zro
Old 09-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
krazykritter

Carrier: T-Mobile

Has anyone tried a BT Stereo headset with it yet?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Try a search. The 8100 does not support A2DP required for BT headphones.

Zro
Old 09-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #10
krazykritter

I thought that A2DP was part of the BT 2.0 standard? The 8100 does have BT2.0, so honestly didn't occur to me that they would leave out A2DP support.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:12 AM   #11
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroetter
I bought the Ear Glove brand at Best Buy. Works great and has a mic so I can talk on the phone while listening to music.
I just bought these -- they're great! I had tried those stupid Jabra C220 or whatever and was really unimpressed; they fit like crap and the bass response was horrible. Waste of money.

These Earglove phones are great -- they fit in your ear very well and have very good bass response. I have 'Aquasky - What Can You Do' blasting now, it's a raggamuffin track with lots of bass, thump, guitar and vocals and it all sounds pretty darn good. It's no Sennheiser quality (the midrange is a bit muffled) but it will definitely do!

Another nice thing about these Earglove buds is that you can remove that stupid over-ear plastic thing on each side and just use them as regular buds. I can never get those over ear thingies on right, they're such a pain.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:17 AM   #12
*&))
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrubin1
(and, btw, WHAT an upgrade over that piece of junk- is there ANYONE who has had windows mobile and not fallin in love with blackberry in 15 minutes?)

thanks

i know what you mean i have been in hell for months, you almost couldn't pay me to use another windows mobile device. or anything thats not a bb becuse the become more of a job then anything else. fixing my treo 700w is a full time job with overtime and no benefits
Old 03-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #13
Bashlor

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroetter
Did you have to use a seperate adapter to get Stereo sound on your Body Glove head phones? Picked up a pair today otw home with my new 8800 and love them but only getting mono sound in them plugged right into the 8800.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #14
rivviepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashlor
Did you have to use a seperate adapter to get Stereo sound on your Body Glove head phones? Picked up a pair today otw home with my new 8800 and love them but only getting mono sound in them plugged right into the 8800.
For me, nope -- did you get the ones that have "for Motorola, LG, Samsung stereo MP3 phones" at the bottom left of the packaging? The plug should have 3 recessed color rings (ergo 4 contact metal sections) on it. It did come with a 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapter, though.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #15
Bashlor

Yeah it has 3 'white' rings with 4 poles. I get sound only in the right headphone.

I used the included 2.5 -> 3.5 adapter and I get sound in both ears on a cd player.

Packages does have the stereo mp3 phones by Motorola, Samsung etc on it.

I hope my phone isn't jacked. First one I got didn't recognize my sim card. Just got the replacement today and other than this problem it's been flawless.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #16
rivviepop

Quote:
Yeah it has 3 'white' rings with 4 poles. I get sound only in the right headphone.
Yuck. Any chance you could swing by a store (Cing/T-Mo) and jack the headset into a Pearl to test? You could play the preloaded video and know if it works right away -- at least you'd know then if it was the phone or the headset.

At $30, you could have gotten a bunk set of earphones, eh?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 PM   #17
Bashlor

Good news is I haven't shipped my bad 8800 back yet and I did test the preloaded video on it and know it works. Left it at work so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to test it. If that doesn't work I might take that advice and swing my the local Cingular store and see if anything they have there works.

The more I play with these Body Glove phones the more I like them. So much more comfortable than my iPod OEM's I've been using for years and the answer/mute/pause button is flawless. Haven't tested the mic anywhere noisy yet but it sounds crystal clear in my quiet living room calling my wife in the kitchen!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #18
rivviepop

Quote:
Good news is I haven't shipped my bad 8800 back yet and I did test the preloaded video on it and know it works. Left it at work so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to test it. If that doesn't work I might take that advice and swing my the local Cingular store and see if anything they have there works.
Uh oh, I hope your 2nd 8800 doesn't have a bad 2.5mm connector, that would really bite. Serious quality control problem there...

Quote:
The more I play with these Body Glove phones the more I like them. So much more comfortable than my iPod OEM's I've been using for years and the answer/mute/pause button is flawless. Haven't tested the mic anywhere noisy yet but it sounds crystal clear in my quiet living room calling my wife in the kitchen!
Yah! I took off the ear wrap arounds, and I like the way the 'phone itself is shaped and the way the rubbery part is designed, it's actually nicer than your classic Sony design. They stay stuck in my ear without any problems and don't have that slip-out problem that many have. +1 on the design.

The sound though isn't the best - but for $30 what do you expect. It works well enough, I don't spend hours and hours using them -- just the journey to work and so forth.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #19
I8UB4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

I just bought my second set of Motorola ROKR headphones off of ebay for $2.00 + $5.99 shipping (lost the first set). They work perfectly, sound great and are inexpensive. The button on the microphone pauses the music, answers the phone, restarts music, etc. Check it out. (tip: when you search, make sure to type Motorola ROKR headset. If you don't put Motorola, a ton of Jabra headsets come up).
Old 03-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #20
Bashlor

Works perfectly in the old 'broken' 8800. Stereo on the old, mono on the new but at least I know the headphones are good, and do work with the 8800.

I never bothered activating (we run BES) the old one so I'm currently factor resetting the new one just to get them both into the exact same state and see if that helps at all.

Interesting note, after you do the 10x failed password on the 8800 it goes into 'scrubbing' mode which seems to take about 2 hours to complete! fun fun. Betting I need to completely reload the OS after it finishes.
Closed Thread