Old 09-16-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON
Default Idokorro Mobile Destop - help

Please Login to Remove!

I have looked at this site and the idokorro site but I am ay a lost on getting this working. No matter what I change it does not connect

Here arer the basic
7130e Sprint phone
I setup the PC to allow Remote access
Turn off firewalls on PC and router.
Enter info into idokorro:
Hostname/IP = 68.83.xxx.xxx
Protocol = RDP
Port = tried many over 1024
All other fields are blank or their defaulted setting

Option has these setting
Connecting with = BIS - Internet Brower

Can someone give me a short step by step procedure on how to get my BB connect to my home PC.

I played with this since last night and I am now getting tired and fustrated. I also call them last night but I believe that they only work 9-5 without no supports on offhours.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #2
koleary19067

Well

I also downloaded RDM and within 10 minutes I was up and running. Was ablr to log into my laptop and Desktop computers. So far I like it. I wish I could get the Idokorro up and running so I can see which one is better.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:33 AM   #3
pauldumais
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067
I also call them last night but I believe that they only work 9-5 without no supports on offhours.
Yes you are correct, our support team will answer the phone during business hours EST M-F. During off hours simply send an email to [email address] and someone will usually get back to you quickly as we all carry BlackBerry devices.

You problem is probably something related to your connections settings. You problem is probably port related, you should probably try the TCP/IP connection method and port 3389.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
jason_bh

Model: 7100i

I know this thread is rather old by now, but I tried other remote desktop software and none compared to Idokorro's. I have Mobile Desktop, SSH, and Admin from them. I had a couple of small issues at first but their support got me going rather quickly. I emailed them and got a quick response several times.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:32 AM   #5
BES admin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T

I'll give another plug here for Idokorro...

I have been using their mobile admin tool for almost a year now. I absolutely Love it.

From day-one their response to questions has been phenominal. They are quick, they are extremely helpful and will work with you in almost any way humanly possible to make sure you are happy with their product.

I only wish they made more software for the BB. They're top notch folks!

Old 10-01-2006, 03:02 AM   #6
koleary19067

I have it up and running now with the great help of their staff. I love it so far and have no regrets
Old 10-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
DLB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Been using Remote Desktop for almost 6 months now. Great product. A real little life saver when using BB Re-director which causes Outlook to lose connection to our Exchange server. I just connect to my desktop via Remote Desktop and re-establish the connection. Customer service is top of the line also.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLB
Been using Remote Desktop for almost 6 months now. Great product. A real little life saver when using BB Re-director which causes Outlook to lose connection to our Exchange server. I just connect to my desktop via Remote Desktop and re-establish the connection. Customer service is top of the line also.
After me whining for a while, they made some major speed improvements to the VNC protocol. (Idokorro Remote Desktop supports both VNC and Remote Desktop). I also use RDP, but use VNC as well.

I am looking forward to the next major release - things like mouse drag support, smoother pointer acceleration for slow mouse cursor movement, and an onscreen icon for highlighting mouse button states. I can appreciate the challenge that is necessary to squeeze all this functionality into a BlackBerry client!

Certainly the best remote desktop software available for the BlackBerry so far. People are impressed to see the Windows start menu on my BlackBerry!

(I use MobileSSH a lot more - Idokorro's client is the only telnet/SSH client for BlackBerry that can multitask multiple simultaneous telnet/SSH connections on one BlackBerry!)
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 10-04-2006 at 05:34 PM..
Closed Thread