Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
tdmaus

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT
Default Wireless Application Push

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I'm running BES 4.1 and want to push the office communicator wireless to handhelds. I created a share under C:\Program Files\common files\Research in motion\shared\application\sharename
I copied the alx and cod files to that share, also run the loader /index and it created two files (xml & pkg) file for me.

Now I'm going to BES manager > software configuration and declare the unc path, however, I get this error "the specified path does not contain the required device software directory structure".

am I missing something? Please help!!

thanks!
Old 10-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
Natrone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: AT&T

We do this in our environment. Do this:
1. Load any type of devices software you have in your company on the same server. Even if you have two 7290's, but one has 4.0 and the other has 4.1.........you need both software packages installed on the server. I just loaded them all for the future.
2. Making applications available to users
Before you can install most applications on BlackBerry devices, you must create a software index in the network drive. To index the software, you create a specification.pkg and PkgDBCache.xml index file for each application. The index files inform the software configuration and the BlackBerry Application Loader of the applications that are available to install on BlackBerry devices.
Not all files require indexing. If you added BlackBerry Device Software Version 4.0 or later for Java-based BlackBerry devices or BlackBerry Device Software Version 2.7 or later for C++-based BlackBerry devices to the network location, the index files were created automatically.
Create the software index
1.At the command prompt, type cd <drive:>\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.
2.Type loader.exe /index. The application loader builds the software index structure in the network drive and adds any missing index files.
Re-index the software applications
If you modify an .alx file after creating a software index, re-index the applications.
1.At the command prompt, type <drive:>\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.
2.Type loader.exe /reindex. The application loader updates the software index structure in the network drive and adds any missing index files.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
tdmaus

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

your step 1: loading software on the server, do you mean load only the exe-file ? or actually run the setup? any additional files? Do I load them to the share I created? please advice. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
Natrone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: AT&T

I've done this a couple different ways in the past. You can execute them all on a PC, then go into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared and copy the Loader Files folder to the same place on the server.

Or

You can just execute each file on the server and install them that way.
Closed Thread