Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
TroyB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Proper steps for moving BES to new server

Please Login to Remove!

My current server has been through TONS of BES upgrades and it's starting to take on more and more errors in the event logs.

I'd like to make a fresh start and have the resources to just build up a second BES Server from scratch. The problem is that I THINK allot of my problems may be database oriented so I'd like to build a new database and transfer the users over. How much user interaction is going to be involved in this?

I'd like to hear some Best practices and ideas to make the transition as painless as possible for the users.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
TroyB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

This can't be all that unusual.

Anyone?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

How many users do you have? If not many (less than 20), then go for broke and do a complete rebuild. All users will need to do a security wipe and reactivation.

...starting from scratch with a new database will result in this anyhow, so may as well. If you have a lot of users, then I'd suggest a call to RIM to work out the issues with your current installation.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #4
gziz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

if you want to start a new database you have to activate all your users, there is no workaround that rimm can provide if you wanted to create a new db be prepared to activate everyone.
Closed Thread