BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
deadlydaveduck

Model: 8707
Default BES Problems (Status Unknown)

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I hope you will be able to help! This may seem like a stupid question as my knowledge on BES is limited.

Over the weekend I replaced an old domain controller on the network this had an old exchange install on it, i am not sure if this is related but seems like too much of a coincidence for it not to be.

I came to add a new user yesterday but it now just says server status unknown, all emails to the blackberry’s are working fine I just cannot get into the admin management console.

I have check event logs but nothing apparent when the domain controller it used to be an exchange server a long time before me but seemed to serve no purpose anymore.

The Blackberry Database Consistency Service and refuses to start with error 1607: the process terminated unexpectedly.

The only other error that may be of use bas has been happening for a while is this;

The description for Event ID ( 20000 ) in Source ( BlackBerry Server Controller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: [CFG] Userdump.exe not found in system folder. Controller won't generate userdump files..

But it was working correctly even though this message was displayed, I originally thought BES was standalone and only had to communicate with the exchange server (It is currently able to do this as all mail is working fine)

Thanks for any help in advance!
Dave
Old 12-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
Natrone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: AT&T

Are you running a SQL database?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
PHPat

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Same Error

Hi all,

I have exactly the same erorror. BES users are getting email, they can send, everything seems to work as usual.

BUT I cannot use Blackberry Enterprise Management MMC, thus it's not possible to add or remove users. There was no major change in network topology, except the decomissioning of an old Exchange 5.5 Server which seems to be too long in the past (some weeks) to be the direct cause.

Blackberry Database Consistency Service does not start. Error message is 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

I'm glad for any hints. And I'll keep you posted if I find out something.

Bye,
PHPat
Old 06-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
PHPat

Default T-mobile says: Consistency service is not important

Hi,

I opened a support case at t-mobile. They say that the Consistency service is not important and most likely not the cause of the problem. They will inverstigate then get back to me.

Bye,
PHPat
Old 06-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
PHPat

Cool Solution

Hi Folks,

in my setup the cause was indeed that I had to move the admin mailbox for the Blackberry Admin user. Though its MAPI-Profile got updated correctly, one has to execute handheldcleanup.exe -m from the utility directory of the BES Installation.

I found the solution here, worked well for me.
PDA street forums - BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6 Upgrade

Bye,
PHPat
Closed Thread