BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
Ribar

Model: 8100
Default Sup guys, got few Q's

Please Login to Remove!

Sup guys,

I just got my Pearl few days ago and i am learning how to work with it, its a great phone, and its amazing how much phones have come from 3 years ago. Anyways i have a few questions maybe you guys can help me out.

1.For some reason my contacts didn’t switch so i am now adding new contacts to my phone as they are calling me so what i do is i click on the number and then go to add to address book, but when i go in the address book they don’t show up? Am i doing something wrong here? I do however see the names i have saved the contact as so when they call me now its not just a random number. ;)

2.I am having a bit hard time txt messaging to Europe. I have lots of friends there and i have send out few txt msg there but i have not received any back? I dial the number like this when i am sending txt msg +387 61 xxx xxx which is first country code then area code then the number?

3.I can not set up my hotmail account? I get an error messages. However setting up a gmail account was no problem and it works like a charm.

I have T mobile service if that helps.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
Szadzik
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribar
Sup guys,

I just got my Pearl few days ago and i am learning how to work with it, its a great phone, and its amazing how much phones have come from 3 years ago. Anyways i have a few questions maybe you guys can help me out.

1.For some reason my contacts didnxxx8217;t switch so i am now adding new contacts to my phone as they are calling me so what i do is i click on the number and then go to add to address book, but when i go in the address book they donxxx8217;t show up? Am i doing something wrong here? I do however see the names i have saved the contact as so when they call me now its not just a random number. ;)

2.I am having a bit hard time txt messaging to Europe. I have lots of friends there and i have send out few txt msg there but i have not received any back? I dial the number like this when i am sending txt msg +387 61 xxx xxx which is first country code then area code then the number?

3.I can not set up my hotmail account? I get an error messages. However setting up a gmail account was no problem and it works like a charm.

I have T mobile service if that helps.
1. While in the address book hit the options button and find the menu item called Filter. Try to change the filter and I suppose al your contacts will be back.

2. You do not get the standard "delivery report message" in BB. You have to check the sent message, and if there is a "d" letter it means it was delivered.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
Ribar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik
1. While in the address book hit the options button and find the menu item called Filter. Try to change the filter and I suppose al your contacts will be back.

2. You do not get the standard "delivery report message" in BB. You have to check the sent message, and if there is a "d" letter it means it was delivered.
I tryed changing the filter from buissniss to personal but still nothing.

As far as messeges i have a chek mark next to the messages and i assume thats a sign that the message was delivered as far as the letter "d" where exactly would that be? Like right next to the txt message?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #4
Dark Knight
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
With Rogers Wireless it's "+" followed by "44 - Region Code - Mobile Number" for the UK. Reference Rogers.com - International Text Messaging

Quote:
I don't believe Hotmail will work with BIS push email. I had the same issue with forwarding Hotmail when I used MyMail on Rogers Wireless with a Treo 650. If I recall correctly it has something to do with Microsoft security protocols that won't allow it to work with these services. It's one of the reasons some people choose GMail over Hotmail. Note GMail accounts work with MSN Messenger.

If you're a new Blackerry user I suggest you take a look at BlackBerry Discover BlackBerry
Closed Thread