BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
hyperjcp

Model: 8100
Default problem ON HOW TO DELETE i miss call WONT DISPEAR SIGN

Please Login to Remove!

I HAVE TROUBLE on my 8100 it shows the little sign that i have a miss call (1) and there is non all have been erased, but the sign still there!!!!
why?????
where can i turn of that little sign??????
the calls have been erased and still there
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
thanks!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #2
hyperjcp

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperjcp
I HAVE TROUBLE on my 8100 it shows the little sign that i have a miss call (1) and there is non all have been erased, but the sign still there!!!!
why?????
where can i turn of that little sign??????
the calls have been erased and still there
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
thanks!!!!
i have tried all the otions everywhere but it is there how can i erase it??? is it carriers problems or something with the software???
URGEN HELP NEDDED, I WILL APRECCIATE IT VERY MUCH
Old 01-13-2007, 01:44 AM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I had the same issue on a Pearl not too long ago. It was still running 4.2 0.42 software version. The only way to get rid of it was to upgrade the software on the phone. Here are instructions to do that.

1. Download and install Desktop Manager 4.2 from
Here. (Be sure that the BB is not connected during install.)

2. Download and install to your PC, the latest OS for your device from Here

3. Delete the file "vendor.xml" located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader.

4. On your PC, install JL_CMDER, located Here. Connect the device and use JL_CMDER to wipe the device. Be sure that Desktop Manager isn't running when using JL_CMDER. When finished your device should display a 507 error.

5. Open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader. The Desktop Manager should then detect the device and load the new OS.

That should give you a clean, out-of-the-box device.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
rkkeller
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Go to your messages and highlight the DATE at the top, it should be the very top thing. Press MENU and then "MARK PRIOR OPEN". It gets rid of phone calls too and not just messages.

If that doesnt work go into your voice mail options by calling your voice mail and some carriers have an option to reset this. I know Verizon does.

Also pulling the battery helps sometimes or just waiting long enough to get a signal from your carrier to remove the icon works.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
hyperjcp

thank you for your advice, i will try to upgrade my software and see what happens, but i am not going to lie i am a little afraid in doing that, anyone any other suggestion????
Old 01-13-2007, 11:05 AM   #6
jubrand

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkeller
Go to your messages and highlight the DATE at the top, it should be the very top thing. Press MENU and then "MARK PRIOR OPEN". It gets rid of phone calls too and not just messages.

If that doesnt work go into your voice mail options by calling your voice mail and some carriers have an option to reset this. I know Verizon does.

Also pulling the battery helps sometimes or just waiting long enough to get a signal from your carrier to remove the icon works.
Ugh, I have the same problem, on Tmo. Marking prior opened didn't work, and I can't find anything in my voice mail options about it. I guess I'll have to reinstall the OS unless there's any other ideas out there.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #7
rkkeller

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

How about calling T-Mobile BB support ? I would consider that WAY before reinstalling everything.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #8
John Clark
BBF Moderator

TMobile won't be able to help. They will go through all the things you've already done. It won't go away. The missed call icon is not sent via sms like the voicemail icon. The only way I could fix the problem of the missed call icon sticking,when it happened to me, was to upgrade the OS.

Edit:
Old 01-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #9
JMF0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMO

Problem is it keeps coming back even if you UPGRADE. I just upgraded and it wiped out the call counter icon but promptly came back as soon as I started missing calls again. I think this is a bug in the OS Software that has yet to be fixed.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMF0
Problem is it keeps coming back even if you UPGRADE. I just upgraded and it wiped out the call counter icon but promptly came back as soon as I started missing calls again. I think this is a bug in the OS Software that has yet to be fixed.
If thi8sis a bug wouldthis not be the case for every one who uses the pearl? Try clearing your call log completely if you are getting too many calls and since the call log display has a display limit then may be the missed call is going to the hidden log which it can bot be seen any more. What you can also do is go to each calllog and view its history, ay be you got a call from one person and you had a mised call from him/her and later on you got another call from teh same person which then the missed call could get burried in the history of that person's call log.

Another option to do is to press the talk button from the home screen, hit the menue key and select options, go to call logging, select and select teh missed calls in that option. Here you will see all missed calls in your message folder. Hopefully either of the above will help.

Last edited by hf1khal; 01-13-2007 at 12:22 PM..
Old 01-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

If I understand what the problem is, can't you just hit the green call key, scroll over the missed calls then hit the escape (back) key? When I have a missed call (or one I click Ignore on), I get the notifier. Then the only way to make it go away is by performing the above actions, which seem to work fine...

*shrug* hope this helps!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #12
John Clark
BBF Moderator

If you are not on BES another thing to try is you can try clearing your call log through the Desktop Manager's backup/restore feature. In Backup/Restore go to Advanced. Under device databases (right side of screen) is a button that says "clear." Highlight the phone call logs data base and hit "clear." That might help.
Closed Thread