Old 03-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
eap
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: att
Default GPS problem and 2007 DST Patch

Please Login to Remove!

GPS not working.

After installing the “2007 DST Patch” I discovered my NAVTEC Telenav 4.0 and BBMAPs is not working.
The GPS in the BB is finding satellites.

NAVTEC Telenav gives the error “Invalid Gps Privacy Setting” and instructs me to set location based services to ‘unrestricted’. My location based services are set correctly.

BBMap works for maps but when I turn on the GPS it gives me a “Uncaught Java.lang.Error”

I've checked my "location based services" and they are 'unrestricted", reset the firewall and refreshed the GPS. This is a NEXTEL government enterprise BB 7520 - Any Ideas?
Old 03-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
eap

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap
GPS not working.

After installing the “2007 DST Patch” I discovered my NAVTEC Telenav 4.0 and BBMAPs is not working.
The GPS in the BB is finding satellites.

NAVTEC Telenav gives the error “Invalid Gps Privacy Setting” and instructs me to set location based services to ‘unrestricted’. My location based services are set correctly.

BBMap works for maps but when I turn on the GPS it gives me a “Uncaught Java.lang.Error”

I've checked my "location based services" and they are 'unrestricted", reset the firewall and refreshed the GPS. This is a NEXTEL government enterprise BB 7520 - Any Ideas?
So far this has fixed the problem: TeleNav Forum :: View topic - Telenav after DST 2007 on Blackberry
Old 03-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
eap

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap
... however, after fixing the daylight savings time thing, and then fixing the TeleNav thing, I lost my enterprise email service thing.

I seem to have fixed that my reloading the latest version of the desktop software and re-synchronizing a couple of times, while spinning counter clockwise in my chair with a finger in my left ear... Oh, and I put in a Help Ticket to the government service desk, but they never called back...

Am I talking to myself..? .
Old 03-31-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
ggammill

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Sorry you are not getting any responses. I didn't know about the DST patch until I read about it on the TeleNav forum. From the sounds of it, I'll just manually keep the time updated for now.
Closed Thread