Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
courtney1harris

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default 8703 Synchronizing

Please Login to Remove!

Okay so I'm not a tech genius by any means but I seem to have "stumped" blackberry's tech department not once but TWICE (big surprise) so I'm turning to the real experts....

As we all know, when you view a new email on the blackberry, you have the option of deleting it on the "handheld only" or the "handheld and the computer". Which is great! When I get to my computer, I only have the emails I want to be there.

Well what if I view the email on my computer first? Is there any way to "delete it on the blackberry" as well? I hate having to go back to the blackberry and delete all these messages for a second time.

The manual says that "Email reconciliation" feature is able to do this. If you turn on the "wireless reconcile" feature, it's supposed to do it. HOW?!?! I've selected "yes" and it's a no go. What's the deal?!

Second sync question - I have a desktop computer and I always keep the information between the desktop and the blackberry synced. But sometimes I travel, and I want to use my laptop. I'd like whatever new info that has gone into the blackberry, to update in the laptop. But for some reason syncing with a second computer seems to confuse everything. Some info transfers, some doesn't, some gets lost. Can you sync with more than one computer?

Sorry for the long essay. I'm new to the forum (and blackberry for that matter) and I'm tired of knowing more than Blackberry's tech department.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:08 AM   #2
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Wireless sync only works in a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) environment. There is no sync with BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) - just delete on both. Without BES emails you delete on your computer stay on your BlackBerry.

Also, be aware that when you delete an email on your BlackBerry it's gone forever. It does not go to the trash.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
Bradhar911
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney1harris View Post

Second sync question - I have a desktop computer and I always keep the information between the desktop and the blackberry synced. But sometimes I travel, and I want to use my laptop. I'd like whatever new info that has gone into the blackberry, to update in the laptop. But for some reason syncing with a second computer seems to confuse everything. Some info transfers, some doesn't, some gets lost. Can you sync with more than one computer?

Sorry for the long essay. I'm new to the forum (and blackberry for that matter) and I'm tired of knowing more than Blackberry's tech department.
I sync between my laptop and desktop alot. I did not trust that it would be a seemless transaction so I made sure that one PC had all info (in my case my personal laptop) then took the blackberry to work (to my desktop PC) and deleted all calander, contacts and memos. then did my sync. Was a little time consuming to setup but I have been able to keep this up for the last few months now without an issue.