Old 06-04-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
Mathos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8707v
Carrier: rented line
Question meeting request synchro

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I have problems with the requests for meeting.

When one of my user is invited to a meeting he receives the request on his mailbox and in his BB device (It is thus OK).

If he accepts the request in the mailbox the invitation remains in the BB (the synchro is not good for this request) and if he accepts also in the BB it creates 2 identical meetings...

Somebody has an idea ?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Joex410
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100c
PIN: 23fc8666
Carrier: AT&T

I don't know, but I wish I knew. I'm looking to find out if anyone knows how to change the email account that is used to send out the meeting requests. I would like to use my personal email instead of my work email, but I can't seem to find how to change it. Anyone who knows, let me know.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
H-bomb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathos View Post
Hello,

I have problems with the requests for meeting.

When one of my user is invited to a meeting he receives the request on his mailbox and in his BB device (It is thus OK).

If he accepts the request in the mailbox the invitation remains in the BB (the synchro is not good for this request) and if he accepts also in the BB it creates 2 identical meetings...

Somebody has an idea ?
Don't accept it in both places; accept in one or the other and then synch to make it appear on both calendars.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:40 AM   #4
H-bomb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joex410 View Post
I don't know, but I wish I knew. I'm looking to find out if anyone knows how to change the email account that is used to send out the meeting requests. I would like to use my personal email instead of my work email, but I can't seem to find how to change it. Anyone who knows, let me know.
You can set the default "send from" email address in options > advanced options > message services

You can also control what address you're sending from on an individual basis by going to the top of the message you're composing and selecting the send from address. This works for regular emails.

I don't see an option on my BB for composing new meeting requests. I'm not on a BES, so maybe that's why.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
cwosigns
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joex410 View Post
When you're initiating a new meeting request from your Berry, you'll see "Send Meeting Request Using:" Sometimes I can highlight the email address and then change the address by hitting the first letter in the email address I want to use; sometimes I can't. I just tried it and it didn't work, but I know yesterday I was able to. I can't figure out what makes it work sometimes and not others. It's very inconsistent, but I agree...there should be a way to change it.

RIM, you reading?
Columbus, Ohio
Old 06-08-2007, 02:39 AM   #6
Mathos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8707v
Carrier: rented line

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-bomb View Post
Don't accept it in both places; accept in one or the other and then synch to make it appear on both calendars.
OK but firstly the message of the meeting request remains in the BlackBerry device (synchro is not good), secondly the secretary accepts the meeting in the mailbox and the director accepts on his device.
Closed Thread