BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
myork
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Incoming mail coming in as already filed?

Please Login to Remove!

I have had a few users who are receiving their new incoming mail with folder icons. This mail cannot be moved or filed because the 8800 already thinks they have been filed (or saved?).

The only temporary fix was to remove the battery - then any opened messages would come up as open envelopes and can then be moved or deleted (Any new messages after the reset still come in as folder icons). Other than that the only fix I have found is to wipe the 8800 and start from scratch - which is obviously not the greatest solution.

Initially I thought this was occurring after performing a backup via Desktop Manager. But I just had a user come to me this morning stating that everything looked fine last night, and now this morning the folders are there. I had wiped his 8800 two days after the original setup, now 1.5 months later it is back.

Is there a setting that I just am not finding that the users are messing with, or is this a bug? I was on the phone with RIM for an hour and the tech was unable to fix the problem or give any clues as to what might be going on.

The other strange thing is we have about 10 8800s deployed so far and only 3 or 4 are having this problem. Everybody is using the same IT policy in BES and I was the one who set them up, but I set them all up exactly the same.

I even ordered one for myself, set it up, and it works perfectly - I am stumped.

Any help please!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
cookes713
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

do they by chance have any server rules set up in outlook. Not really sure if this would have anything to do with it, but there is a chance that they are running some server based rule in outlook that might be messing with this. Just a shot in the dark...would also explain why it isn't impacting everyone.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
jxlord

Carrier: ATT/SPRINT/VERIZON

First is your mail server OUTLOOK or Notes?

I have seen this issue with Notes, and it was cause by Design of the mail files
make sure check Templatel of user's Mail file (recently upgraded??).

I managed to fix this issue of mine to turn wireless off and turn back on to rebuild forder stucture in Blackberry. Also, I deleted folder in Blackberry using Blackberry desktop manager and rebuilding it as turn off and on the wireless sync in mail option on the Blackberry.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
myork
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Thanx - actually I found it on blackberry.net:
BlackBerry Search Results

It is a glitch with device software 4.2 and BES software lower than 4.1.3.19. When the mail template in notes is refreshed it causes this condition to appear on the 8800s. The temporary workaround is linked above, the permanent solution is to upgrade to 4.1.3.19 or higher
Closed Thread