Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
sinistersurge
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: TMO
Default Ebay email problem?

Please Login to Remove!

I get a lot of emails from Ebay that allow me to respond to people that ask questions about items I am selling. For some reason, it does not show the entire email on my handheld. Of course, the email is full of html that the phone cannot read [although Empower helps tremendously], but I'm not even getting all of the email that I should be - regardless of the html. The only thing that could be affecting it is the filter I put on my Gmail account that keeps sent items from being copied back to the handheld's inbox. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
sinistersurge
Thumbs Must Hurt

PLEASE help me!!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
sinistersurge
Thumbs Must Hurt

???bump???
Old 06-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #4
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'll bump it again...since this is an issue for me too. I have SmartView as my html "enhancer"...and it is miles better than the standard, crappy BlackBerry email display (sorry guys...it does suck)...but I have the same issues with my eBay email display. In fact, all I am really getting is the header, and a couple of links whereas on other phones I was getting the whole email displayed.

Can we get some help & possible solutions to this?
Old 07-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
stykshooter

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular / AT&T

I've got the same issue but I was receiving all the Ebay message until Tuesday June 26. I've been using the 8800 for 2 months without any problems and I haven't made any changes. The reason I purchased the Blackberry was for Ebay messages and now I can't get anyone to help me out, guess if I can't get this resolved I'll just cancel service.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
sigmamason
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 22BFEE32
Carrier: AT&T

Stykshooter

Check with ebay about bb usage. They might have stopped the mesages, not RIM. Don't RIM really cares about the source of the email so long as you are connected to BIS.
I know someone that use her BB to run an adult site and zero issues...
Travel Light!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

Emails from ebay are loaded heavily with html, so the BB will not display them properly. One thing that works for me is to log in to the gmail html page (not the wap page) on your browser and get your emails that way. Even better, do this with Opera Mobile 4.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
pybe

PIN: 2527e9b7
Carrier: Orange UK

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry® 8800: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

I have also experianced this since around the 26th. Its like the whole middle of the email has dissapeared. Its not there at all, but when I look at my emails on which ever server they originally came from they are correct. Either the handheld or bis is sanitising part of the email or something, because this is not the same email that was originally sent!

Pybe
Old 07-03-2007, 05:28 AM   #9
pybe

Thumbs up

This morning I thought I would rule out a couple of items 1st. I removed any applications that integrated with mail viewing (empower and audiopop etc) rebooted after each uninstall then forwarded myself an email which would normally result in the middle section dissapearing (ebay fav search email) and low and behold it was complete. I them installed empower and rebooted and tested again and it was still ok, I haven't tested with audiopop back on yet as I am away from my pc with bbdesktop on to reinstall it for a few days.

So any one having these issues please try something similar to the above and let us know if it has any effect or if you think i'm talking rubbish.....

Pybe
Old 07-03-2007, 06:28 AM   #10
wayneholbrook
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 20D214AB

Just to add to the list....I to cannot get my entire message anymore from ebay. This cannot just be a 8300 issue, because 2 weeks ago I was getting them fine. I dont want to have to start downloading new software / programs just to view my email. I just want it to work like it did before. What the hell?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:43 AM   #11
wayneholbrook

On the phone with RIM now, hopefully I will have an answer shortly.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:15 AM   #12
wayneholbrook

Smile

Just to let everyone know, I just hung up the phone with RIM and after forwarding them my ebay email from my BB and from my outlook they advised me that this has been a known issue and have been working to correct it asasp. They did not have a time frame for the fix but advised we do not have to do anything on our end to fix the issue. The RIM rep was very helpful and advised they would email me as soon as this issue is fixed. Hopefully sooner than later........
Old 07-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #13
brianct1972
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm

Thanks, we appreciate that wayne.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #14
dave2music

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

Yup, having the same problem here too. Was working fine up until the point everyone else started having problems here too. Same goes for my Paypal emails, can't get the <More> option for downloading the rest of the email.

Is anyone else having this problem with non-eBay and Paypal emails? I haven't had any long messages received other than those.

Dave
Old 07-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #15
slines
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9600
Carrier: Verizon

All your emails are a god sent I thought I was have problems with my BB 8703 I have the same problems with my emails for ebay. Thanks for all the great info hope it is fixed soon
Old 07-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #16
chrisx42

Model: 8300
Carrier: tmobile

i was having the same problem with emails from ebay and paypal...and went into the setting for each site and changed my email notifications from HTML to TEXT ONLY..i dont get to see pictures but at least the paragraphs are sperated and URL links are seperated...you can actually read what the emails say...hope this helps
Old 07-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #17
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook View Post
Just to let everyone know, I just hung up the phone with RIM and after forwarding them my ebay email from my BB and from my outlook they advised me that this has been a known issue and have been working to correct it asasp. They did not have a time frame for the fix but advised we do not have to do anything on our end to fix the issue. The RIM rep was very helpful and advised they would email me as soon as this issue is fixed. Hopefully sooner than later........
Thanks for taking the bull by the horns, Wayne. Part of my income comes from my eBay business...and having a quick and easy means of replying to buyer questions and concerns is important. I was very concerned...and have even talked to the guys at BlackBerrySmart who do the SmartViewer to see if they could help me...which they could not.

At least we know now that it's a RIM problem...and help may be on the way soon.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:02 AM   #18
wayneholbrook

I just got an email from RIM who advised they are still working on the problem, they do not have a completion date.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #19
wayneholbrook

Update: My emails from ebay are now fully functional.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #20
pybe

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry® 8800: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Just received 3 emails from ebay via BIS and all still have the middles missing...
Closed Thread