BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #1
pas1

Model: 7250
Default major blackberry 7250 problems

Please Login to Remove!

hey all,

i just gotta vent right now. i am so going to lose it.

i have been spending hours upon hours trying to get my blackberry to work with my outlook.

first, i installed the default software that came with my blackberry. my pc would recognize the RIM but whenever i plugged it in but the RIM redirector would crash immedately upon loading. i patched it to 40033 off RIM's site and same problem. then i got the service pack 1 and suddenly my pc wouldn't recognize my blackberry anymore but the RIM redirector would work now.

i think i got my pc to see the blackberry now (under USB devices in device manager, it shows RIM handheld but i also have a bunch of unknown devices listed there too. any way to confirm that i've successfully installed the rim?) but when i plug it in, the rim desktop manager does absolutely nothing besides constantly flash blue and grey on the taskbar non-stop, when i bring up the desktop manager, it says its "working" on the bottom bar and i can't click any buttons. it stays like this till i unplug the unit from the usb cable.

also enterprise activation stalls and does nothing too and i keep getting these emails from blackberry.net saying not to delete them as they are for the server. any suggestions friends?!?!

Last edited by pas1; 06-04-2005 at 12:15 AM..
Old 06-04-2005, 12:28 AM   #2
traceyfolds

Talking Try This!

I had simular problems with mine and the following helped. Keep in mind that I do not use Enterprise Server - I tried to activate it (before learning about this forum) and kept getting those emails about "not deleting" as well. If you are trying to sync with Outlook on your computer (local) unistall the ES version of sync software and install the second option (can't remember the name). Then clear out the blackberry and resend the service book from your cell service web client.

On the USB issue - I had the same problems and found that the USB hub was the problem. If you have not already, try connecting the cable directly to a local USB port on the computer and not through a hub.

Hope this helps,

Tracey
Old 06-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas1
hey all,

i just gotta vent right now. i am so going to lose it.

i have been spending hours upon hours trying to get my blackberry to work with my outlook.

first, i installed the default software that came with my blackberry. my pc would recognize the RIM but whenever i plugged it in but the RIM redirector would crash immedately upon loading. i patched it to 40033 off RIM's site and same problem. then i got the service pack 1 and suddenly my pc wouldn't recognize my blackberry anymore but the RIM redirector would work now.

i think i got my pc to see the blackberry now (under USB devices in device manager, it shows RIM handheld but i also have a bunch of unknown devices listed there too. any way to confirm that i've successfully installed the rim?) but when i plug it in, the rim desktop manager does absolutely nothing besides constantly flash blue and grey on the taskbar non-stop, when i bring up the desktop manager, it says its "working" on the bottom bar and i can't click any buttons. it stays like this till i unplug the unit from the usb cable.

also enterprise activation stalls and does nothing too and i keep getting these emails from blackberry.net saying not to delete them as they are for the server. any suggestions friends?!?!
You have to take a step back and answer a few questions...

What e-mail system are you going to use?

Why did you load Desktop Redirector? That is only used if you have a Microsoft Exchange account. If you don't have an Exchange Account, the redirector will crash. Hmmm.

Why did you try Enterprise Activation? EA is only to be used if you have a BES 4.0 account, and the BES Administrator has given you the e-mail account and one time use password.

Suggestions: Read the manuals and the FAQs on this forum. Uninstall all of the software you installed.

Determine HOW you want to get e-mail to your BB (BES, BWC, whatever). Set up the BWC account on the Internet if that's what you want. Then reinstall the Desktop Manager from the CD using the correct options. Unless you are using BES 4.0 with wireless over the air activation, do not start Enterprise Activation.

That should be a start.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:07 AM   #4
1badss
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

my boss is having a very similar issue with his 7250. We use microsoft exchange with outlook 2003 and a BES 4. I can get it to recieve emails but our BES is only set up to transfer emails. Contacts and calender need to be sync'd with your desktop comp. Every time I connect it to the desktop it says working but nothing happens. It just says working forever until you stop it. any ideas.

thanks,
Old 06-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

On the RIM web site there is a document on how to completely remove and reinstall Desktop Manager. Also check out this thread - http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...esktop+manager
Old 06-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
pas1

thank you for the quick replies.

this forum is a great resource for blackberry users.

ok, so what i did is removed and then reinstalled my blackberry software by selecting selected typical than blackberry internet email.

now my blackberry manager does sync up with outlook for tasks, memos, notes, etc.

now how i set it up that whenever i get an email to [email address], it will go to both my outlook and my blackberry?

thank you again for your help.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

You need to set up the BlackBerry Web Client. I know that when I got my BlackBerry the instructions were in the enclosed manual. If not, you have to log in to the your specific carrier web site and set up the BWC.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:25 PM   #8
pas1

Yeah, I logged into my provider's site and filled out the info and no go.

Is there anything I need to do on my blackberry or PC?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:37 PM   #9
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

What does "no go" mean? Did you enter your PIN and IMEI into the BWC? Did you try to resed the "Service Books" to your BlackBerry? Since you have a 7250 you should see a "1X" in the upper right hand corner. Do you?
Old 06-05-2005, 02:33 AM   #10
pas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
What does "no go" mean? Did you enter your PIN and IMEI into the BWC? Did you try to resed the "Service Books" to your BlackBerry? Since you have a 7250 you should see a "1X" in the upper right hand corner. Do you?

First off, I assume BWC = Blackberry Web Client?

On the Web Client on my providers website, I have my PIN associated with my web account. I don't have any place to put an IMEI -- what is IMEI?

I tried to resend the service books and was able to receive the "BlackBerry Web Client Service Book" after a few minutes, I did not receive the "Internet Browsing Service Book " after requesting it.

I do see a 1X in the upper right hand corner and the X is a large sized one.

Thanks again for your help -- so what do you think it could be?
Old 06-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #11
ck99a
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7510

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas1
First off, I assume BWC = Blackberry Web Client?

On the Web Client on my providers website, I have my PIN associated with my web account. I don't have any place to put an IMEI -- what is IMEI?

I tried to resend the service books and was able to receive the "BlackBerry Web Client Service Book" after a few minutes, I did not receive the "Internet Browsing Service Book " after requesting it.

I do see a 1X in the upper right hand corner and the X is a large sized one.

Thanks again for your help -- so what do you think it could be?

Yes, BWC = blackberry web client

When you first setup the BWC you should have had to input your IMEI. I don't believe it lets you continue the registration process without entering it.

My recommendation to you is to NOT setup your outlook to connect to your blackberry email account. DO NOT EVEN USE THIS ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHING. As far as I know, you can't change the address, so if spammers get a hold of it, you will be inundated with non-stop spam on your blackberry. Sorting through it all on the device will be the end of it's usefulness.

Instead setup the BWC to dial into your other email accounts. Login to your BWC, and click on Profile at the top, then click on Other Email Accounts. Click add account, and follow the prompts from there. One of the options will be "leave a copy on the server". Selecting that should allow your outlook to get them too. Make sure you set your "sent from" email address to be something other than your blackberry one.

Note that the BWC dials into your other accounts every 15 minutes, so it's not TRUE push email.

Hope that helps.

- CK
Old 06-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #12
pas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck99a
Yes, BWC = blackberry web client

When you first setup the BWC you should have had to input your IMEI. I don't believe it lets you continue the registration process without entering it.

My recommendation to you is to NOT setup your outlook to connect to your blackberry email account. DO NOT EVEN USE THIS ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHING. As far as I know, you can't change the address, so if spammers get a hold of it, you will be inundated with non-stop spam on your blackberry. Sorting through it all on the device will be the end of it's usefulness.

Instead setup the BWC to dial into your other email accounts. Login to your BWC, and click on Profile at the top, then click on Other Email Accounts. Click add account, and follow the prompts from there. One of the options will be "leave a copy on the server". Selecting that should allow your outlook to get them too. Make sure you set your "sent from" email address to be something other than your blackberry one.

Note that the BWC dials into your other accounts every 15 minutes, so it's not TRUE push email.

Hope that helps.

- CK
Thanks, I've done this and still no luck. :(

I think there's something wrong with my blackberry or how my provider has it configured.

The reason why I say this is because I installed vineberry for MSN and it cannot find a connection to use and when I ran the self-test, it could not connect any of the ports.

Is there anything I should be setting on the BWC or my blackberry?

BTW, I noticed you're from Toronto ck, so am I. My provider is Bell Mobility -- same as yours?
Old 06-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #13
ck99a
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7510

I'm using Telus MIKE network with a 7510, non BES.

For berryvine I believe you have to use the WAP version on bell, unless you have a BES which I don't think you do.

Email yourself something at the address you've setup in the BWC. What happens if you then login to your BWC 20 minutes later and go to your inbox? Is the email you sent there?
Also, try emailing you blackberry address directly and logging into the BWC to see if that's at least there.

If the answer is yes to both senarios, but you're not getting the emails on the blackberry, then yes, there's probably something wrong with the setup of the device. If the answer is no, then your BWC is screwed up and you need to call tech support.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #14
pas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck99a
I'm using Telus MIKE network with a 7510, non BES.

For berryvine I believe you have to use the WAP version on bell, unless you have a BES which I don't think you do.

Email yourself something at the address you've setup in the BWC. What happens if you then login to your BWC 20 minutes later and go to your inbox? Is the email you sent there?
Also, try emailing you blackberry address directly and logging into the BWC to see if that's at least there.

If the answer is yes to both senarios, but you're not getting the emails on the blackberry, then yes, there's probably something wrong with the setup of the device. If the answer is no, then your BWC is screwed up and you need to call tech support.

When you say the address you've setup in the BWC -- do you mean the [email address] address I've set up in the BWC?
Old 06-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #15
pas1

Okay -- here's an update.

I set my outlook to check for msgs every 30 mins. I then sent an email from my gmail to my [email address] address which I have setup in my BWC. 30 mins passed, nothing on my blackberry but my outlook got the e-mail.
Closed Thread