Old 03-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #1261
JJGRAZ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default BB Alerts not working on one account

Please Login to Remove!

Has been working fine on everything. I added an account last night and Alerts will not work AT ALL on this account. No LED, nothing show up in the log, nothing. Still works on the others, SMS, calls, etc., including 2 POP accounts. This one is IMAP. I am using the same settings on all of my email accounts.
Does anyone have any ideas? It's driving me crazy!

Last edited by JJGRAZ; 03-03-2009 at 11:55 AM..
Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #1262
JJGRAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGRAZ View Post
Has been working fine on everything. I added an account last night and Alerts will not work AT ALL on this account. No LED, nothing show up in the log, nothing. Still works on the others, SMS, calls, etc., including 2 POP accounts. This one is IMAP. I am using the same settings on all of my email accounts.
Does anyone have any ideas? It's driving me crazy!
I restarted the device (pulled battery) and it seems to be working now.
Don't know what the deal is. Hope it keeps worrking!
Old 03-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #1263
Rooster99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Telus

Check our BerryBuzz as an alternative. Doesn't offer the repeat audio notifications, but that doesn't workon my Storm anyway.

At least this one has been Stormed, which seems to indicate recent resources being out into it where BlackBerry Alerts doesn't have any more effort behind it. BerryBuzz is also half the price and offers a free trial.

Installed it on my Storm last night and it seems to be working fine. I'm switching just because it currently does for me what BB Alerts does, and I think it has some legs in terms of future enhancements.

- R.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #1264
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've been using BBAlerts for a couple of years. I just downloaded BerryBuzz, but haven't played with it much. BerryBuzz seems a tad more advanced, the only thing it doesn't offer that BBAlerts has is logging. Logging is useful if you've deleted an email or SMS and want to recall it.

Also, AFAIK, BBAlerts has NEVER worked with Pin messaging. You've never been able to change from the default red color for PIN messaging. Haven't tried this with BerryBuzz.

Last edited by YMark; 03-05-2009 at 02:26 PM..
Old 03-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #1265
mpallo

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark View Post
I've been using BBAlerts for a couple of years. I just downloaded BerryBuzz, but haven't played with it much. BerryBuzz seems a tad more advanced, the only thing it doesn't offer that BBAlerts has is logging. Logging is useful if you've deleted an email or SMS and want to recall it.
Does it have VM notification? BBA does and is needed for me.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #1266
YMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpallo View Post
Does it have VM notification? BBA does and is needed for me.
I don't believe so. Has an alert for missed calls, but not VM.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #1267
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...

FYI - Running OS 4.6.168 on my 8900 and the SMS assigned color no longer works (defaults to Red). I tried everything to no avail.. I did however downgrade to BBA version 1.49 which seems to be working perfect!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #1268
Rooster99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Telus

mpallo, ymark, out of curiosity why would you need a separate notification for vmail? Vmails come from missed calls, so that's covered - then when you pick up your BB to clear that notification there's an icon on your BB that shows there's vmail waiting. So for me, the missed call indicator suffices.

Hmm - now that I'm thinking about it, I guess it would be nice to see if you actually have vmail as not everyone leaves a message. So what I've described is a workaround, but I'll definitely ask the BBuzz developer for the missed call notification as an enhancement.

Sorry for the "stream of consciousness" post - too many brews last night. The neurons are running a little uncontrolled at the moment. <g>

Cool!

- R.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #1269
YMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster99 View Post
mpallo, ymark, out of curiosity why would you need a separate notification for vmail?
I don't need it. The poster above me asked if BerryBuzz had it. I just told him it didn't.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #1270
pineapple8900

Carrier: o2
Default 8900

Hi, i've got the new curve 8900, and i was wondering if any one can help me out but telling me how to install or wher to find the link for the blackberry alerts to download to my phone

thanks =)

P
Old 03-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #1271
Gryphon4

Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

Hello. Does this work on a curve 8330? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #1272
mbberry765

Model: 9550
Default Help with BB Alerts

I cannot get my storm to show BBAlerts under any of my profiles. Therefore, I cannot tell the program what tones to use for notification.

Yesterday, it worked and I had BBAlerts listed under "other" in all of the profiles, but sadly, today, it's gone. Tried restoring the whole berry to last night using the bb software, tried uninstalling program (with and w.o battery pulls) and then reinstalling again (with and w.o battery pulls).

I tried allowing all permissions and changing the compatibility mode (this did get rid of the persistent keyboard when setting options in the program) to no avail. I even tried adding a new custom profile to see if this would bring back the BBAlerts under "other" but sadly...

It kills me 'cause this was working yesterday, and I did nothing new since!!

I'm at wits end with this. I know the program isn't "officially" supported by Handango, but i sent them an email anyway.

Any help appreciated.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #1273
mbberry765

Default More Info

BBalerts is working for me with the LED and in Loud and Medium modes for sound but sound will not work in Normal mode, and I cannot change the audio to anything other than "Notifier_Crystal" I went through all of the settings under edit profile and changed them all to something other than "Notifier_Crystal" but under loud and medium profiles, this is the audio the program chooses to use.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #1274
mbberry765

Default Done with BBAlerts!!

Sorry to keep posting, but I wanted to relay to the group that UNLIKE what was said earlier in the thread by another poster, BBBuzz DOES OFFER REPEAT AUDIBLE ALERTS. Further it is supported on the storm, is 1/2 the price and seems to be more advanced than BBAlerts. It took me about 5mins to have everything working (customized) exactly the way I wanted with BBBuzz after spending an entire weekend screwing with a version of BBAlerts that is way buggy on the storm.

Bottom line: download both trials but if you have a storm, BBBuzz wins handangos down (no pun intended)

Best to all,

Bye!!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #1275
techphets

Default Summary Please

Hi,

I do not have time to read through the 32 pages of this thread and am hoping someone can summarize a few questions for me. I am using a Verizon BlackBerry Curve 8330.

My goal:

* Have repeated audible alerts for missed calls and email (voice mail too but missed calls should cover that)

* No bugs which will cause phone to not ring/beep/vibrate when a call/email is first coming in

* No bugs which will cause phone to make noise through the speaker when it is set to a silent/vibe-only profile or noise of any kind (vibing) when set to a silent profile

* No bugs which may persist after uninstalling the software (any software which is 'try and buy' makes me nervous to begin with since it's leaving something on the phone after it is uninstalled)

Will BBAlerts and/or BBBuzz meet these criteria? I am not concerned about what the LED is doing- there must be some way to destroy it or render it useless if it is too annoying.

Thanks,

Techphets
Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 AM   #1276
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by techphets View Post
Hi,

I do not have time to read through the 32 pages of this thread and am hoping someone can summarize a few questions for me. I am using a Verizon BlackBerry Curve 8330.

My goal:

* Have repeated audible alerts for missed calls and email (voice mail too but missed calls should cover that)

* No bugs which will cause phone to not ring/beep/vibrate when a call/email is first coming in

* No bugs which will cause phone to make noise through the speaker when it is set to a silent/vibe-only profile or noise of any kind (vibing) when set to a silent profile

* No bugs which may persist after uninstalling the software (any software which is 'try and buy' makes me nervous to begin with since it's leaving something on the phone after it is uninstalled)

Will BBAlerts and/or BBBuzz meet these criteria? I am not concerned about what the LED is doing- there must be some way to destroy it or render it useless if it is too annoying.

Thanks,

Techphets
I have a Sprint 8330 with BerryBuzz installed, and as far as I can see it meets all your criteria. No bugs for me whatsoever. I did uninstall and reinstall, when I upgraded my phone to OS 4.5. (I admit it wasn't uninstalled for more than a day or so, I may have missed something.)

They have a 1 week free trial available, which you can download here:

BerryBuzz - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

I used to have BB Alerts on my Pearl. The only thing you can do in BB Alerts that you can't do in BerryBuzz is create a custom LED color by selecting the RGB values. If you don't need to do that one specific thing, BerryBuzz is definitely the superior application IMO.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #1277
techphets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post
I have a Sprint 8330 with BerryBuzz installed, and as far as I can see it meets all your criteria. No bugs for me whatsoever. I did uninstall and reinstall, when I upgraded my phone to OS 4.5. (I admit it wasn't uninstalled for more than a day or so, I may have missed something.)

They have a 1 week free trial available, which you can download here:

BerryBuzz - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

I used to have BB Alerts on my Pearl. The only thing you can do in BB Alerts that you can't do in BerryBuzz is create a custom LED color by selecting the RGB values. If you don't need to do that one specific thing, BerryBuzz is definitely the superior application IMO.

Good luck with your choice.
Thanks kathrynhr. I installed Berry Buzz based on your recommendation and plan to purchase it.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #1278
techphets

Although Berry Buzz does everything I need, the added features sure are nice to see. The first bug I've run into is that if I have three separate LED colors for email, missed calls, and calendar items and I an alert for each of those goes off, in that order, when the calendar will cancel the email and missed call reminders.

After the calendar item, the LED blinks only one color. Is this a known bug on the Curve 8330 and is there a known workaround?

If there is a thread dedicated to discussing Berry Buzz, please point me in that direction.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #1279
don.new

Model: 9780

I chose BB Alerts over Berry Buzz because BB Alerts allows setting of the speed of the flashing LED. I like a very fast flashing LED and I could get the Berry Buzz to flash fast only for incoming calls. I wish BB Alerts could also flash fast for incoming calls, but I depend on the LED much more for messages.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #1280
techphets

A few weeks after installing Berry Buzz I found my BB not making any sounds when emails were delivered or when calendar reminders were being shown (did not get a chance to test calls). Not reminder sounds but the actual initial notifications!

I tried changing profiles several times and checked settings. No change. The LED would flash but that was it. It took an ALT/SHIFT/DEL reboot to bring the sound back.

I can not say with certainty that Berry Buzz caused this. Are there other known causes of this problem?
Closed Thread