Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #361
crucifixion
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

This is what I want, and tell me if this program has it: I need something that will turn the screen on when a message/email/alert etc arrives. I leave my phone on silent because my work everything is quite around here. Having it on vibrate is too loud, especially since it goes off alot with my messages.

So what I do is keep the phone next to the computer and with my old phones, if I got a message, the screen would light up, which would catch my peripheral vision and I'd know I'd have a message. With the Pearl, the only thing it does is the LED will flash red. However, it first flashes blue (for BT), then two seconds later, it will flash red, then two seconds later, blue again, etc. So if in my peripheral vision I think i saw a red flash, I'd have to stare at the phone for 4 seconds to see if the red will flash again.

So what I want is the screen to light up as if a key was pressed. Or, at worst, if the screen will always be black, then make that LED flash red every second or just stay on or something so that way if I do catch it and look at it, ill know right away I have a SMS/MMS/email/calendar/alert, etc.

I know with phone calls the screen will light up in silent.

Last edited by crucifixion; 02-21-2007 at 04:43 PM..
Old 02-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #362
linuxcluster

Model: 8700
Carrier: Vodafone

@crucifixion
the app will not be able to light up your display as is (at least not that I know of) however you _can_ set the interval at which the notifier LED is flashing. Super short intervals are possible! And you can even color code the lights. i.e. to only show red if its a mail, and blue for sms etc.

It's worth giving it a try, since you can test the software for some time before purchasing it.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #363
BByMel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahovis
Bought the app and am enjoying it. One question, should the alert light be dismissed when I remove my BB from the holster? That happens now and wondered if this was by design or not. Have an 8700c and running 4.1 with no real issues except no popups either. Also wonder if there is thought about some kind of alarm timeout that could be set for stopping the alert after some selectable time like at night to keep the battery from discharging?
Yes alerts stop (including led) if you put it in the holster or take it out.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:11 AM   #364
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiRN
I can't comment on an LED timeout (the OS controls when it turns off, so I don't know if BByMel can force it to stop), but the LED will not drain your battery.
Are you sure? It certainly seems to drain mine.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #365
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr
Are you sure? It certainly seems to drain mine.
An LED would have to flash for one hell of a long time in order to drain the Pearl battery.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #366
DiRN

Carrier: at&t

I can leave my LED flashing overnight (anywhere between 5 and 7 hours) and there will be no noticable change to my battery level. I believe LEDs generally consume little power, hence their presence on so many battery-operated devices.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #367
SpainBerry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Led troubles

Hello

I have an 8100 with OS 71.
Locked on Orange Spain, and OS updated with Cingular.

The version of BB Alerts is 1.3

My little trouble:

When I have a lost call it flashes in cyan ( perfect ).
Then I read the lost call, and no more leds. The green led disappear.

What I am doing wrong???

Thanks a lot
Old 02-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #368
SpainBerry

Default Possible bug??

Trying to resolve this problem I have found out, that performing and audio test,in which profiles test is also run, my BB recover its green stand-by led!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #369
crucifixion
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Just downloaded the trial and it does what I want it to. I leave my phone on silent all the time (get too many SMS/emails during work so even if i leave it on vibrate, makes too much noise), so I needed something that I could control the flashing light so it went off at enough intervels to catch my eye and this program does it. I downloaded 1.3 trial from the handigo site and now I'm going to buy it. Thanks!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #370
SpainBerry

Default Uncaught Exception !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have uninstalled and re-installed it, and I get the same message:

UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION:
Module with handle (2844) and index (0) has no application entry point.

Is that normal?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #371
SpainBerry

And I keep having the same problems as mentioned above.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #372
YMark

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainBerry
Hello

I have an 8100 with OS 71.
Locked on Orange Spain, and OS updated with Cingular.

The version of BB Alerts is 1.3

My little trouble:

When I have a lost call it flashes in cyan ( perfect ).
Then I read the lost call, and no more leds. The green led disappear.

What I am doing wrong???

Thanks a lot
The green LED is probably your "service indicator" LED. I have mine turned off. If you get an alert, acknowledge the alert, the BB should go back to flashing the green indicator LED. If it doesn't, I think that might be a bug.

I don't use the service indicator light and have never tested this feature. Maybe I'll try it and report back.

EDIT: Just tried it. Turned on the green service indicator light, sent myself an email. The LED turned magenta, I read the email and the LED went back to blinking green. Seems to work OK here.

Last edited by YMark; 02-22-2007 at 03:42 PM..
Old 02-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #373
BByMel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hmm that error is normal on the Handango build I think... I don't know what causes it but it does not seem to affect anything.

The in service LED will come back on but it can take some time to do so I think - maybe 15 minutes atleast. Really you should turn it off if you can live without it - not sure why it is on by default.

You could try downloading this build here and see if you get the error - http://74.109.150.12:8080/14/BlackBerryAlerts.jad
download directly on phone. Going to reboot server so give it 5 mins as I can't connect for some reason. If you don't get the error send me a private message please.

Also this version blinks the LED when you are setting up custom colors in the assign colors screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpainBerry
And I keep having the same problems as mentioned above.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #374
linuxcluster

Hi BByMel,
just went ahead and downloaded it right away. The following error popped up after successful download:

"Uncaught exception: Module with handle [2786] and index [0] has no application entry point"

on application launch the following occurred: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

Hower starting it up a second time worked just fine. And configuration appears to stick. Will test it throughout the next days. Thank you very much for releasing a new version. I absolutely love the program and can only encourage everybody to give it a try!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:36 AM   #375
SpainBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark
The green LED is probably your "service indicator" LED. I have mine turned off. If you get an alert, acknowledge the alert, the BB should go back to flashing the green indicator LED. If it doesn't, I think that might be a bug.

I don't use the service indicator light and have never tested this feature. Maybe I'll try it and report back.

EDIT: Just tried it. Turned on the green service indicator light, sent myself an email. The LED turned magenta, I read the email and the LED went back to blinking green. Seems to work OK here.
Hi Ymark. Yes indeed, I always have my service indicator on. It works well for email ( after reading my emails i get back my green light ), but this doesnt work for lost calls.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #376
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Humm. Just updated my 1.4 to 1.41 with the link above and now my profile has only one entry for BB Alerts not assigned to anything. Previously I had one for the different things such as phone, messages, etc. What is going on? How do I assign behavior in and out of the holster, etc.?
Old 02-23-2007, 03:58 PM   #377
jbibbs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
PIN: 400BD897
Carrier: Nextel

I cannot seem to download this OTA, I have tried two or three different OTA links that have appeared throughout this thread. Can somebody please verify the correct OTA link for me and let me know as to whether or not the OTA server is running?

Thanks guys, I look forward to testing this app out.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #378
BByMel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahovis
Humm. Just updated my 1.4 to 1.41 with the link above and now my profile has only one entry for BB Alerts not assigned to anything. Previously I had one for the different things such as phone, messages, etc. What is going on? How do I assign behavior in and out of the holster, etc.?
The options reset between versions since the options stored on the device are deleted. You probably had Audio: Separate Profiles before in the options.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:43 PM   #379
blueman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Mel,

I just downloaded v1.41 on my 8800 and I cannot get into the application. Nothing happens when clicking on the ribbon icon. Just so you know, it is running version 4.2.1.72 of the OS. It is a Cingular (or should I say new AT&T (YUK!) one). Any ideas would GREATLY be appreciated. I love the application and cannot live without!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #380
linuxcluster

@jbibbs

the URL is extremely case sensitive and there may have been a minor spelling mistake in your URL. However give this link a try, it should redirect you to the correct 1.4 ota file: tinyurl.com/2kxz5r
Closed Thread